1. What is a professional organizer?
A professional organizer enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing skills. Professional organizers help individuals and businesses take control of their surroundings, time, paper and systems for life.
2. What happens during the initial consultation?
Bev does a needs assessment - gathering and exchanging information. She then creates a customized plan of action based upon your goal. She then estimates the length of time the project will take and lets you know when you can expect to see results. She informs you of specific products needed to complete the job. The strategy she develops will enable you to achieve your organizing goal quickly and efficiently.
3. What do I need to do for your initial consultation?
It is helpful if you have a clear organizing goal in mind, as well as a list of questions for Bev. It is not necessary to neaten up the areas to be organized, as she will need to see them in their "natural" state. Try to purchase necessary supplies ahead of time: bags, boxes, markers and labels, so that there is no interruption in the organizing process.
4. How does the organizing process work?
After the initial visit and agreed upon plan of action Bev employs hands-on organizing assistance and coaching to help you achieve your organizing goal.
5. How long will it take to get me organized?
That depends on the size of the area to be organized and the degree of disorganization. Veteran organizers suggest the average room in a house will take 1-2 full days (6-8 hours) of organizing. The average one person office will take 2-3 days to complete.
6. Where in the home/business/office should I begin the organizing process?
Bev suggests that clients decide by thinking of the pain/pleasure principle. Which area is causing the most pain and would bring the most pleasure if it were organized?
7. What is expected of me during the organizing process?
Organizing results are based upon commitment, follow through and teamwork. You are expected to keep your appointment, ask questions, follow Bev's recommendations, and do your part based upon the parameters established during the initial meeting.
8. Do you offer a free initial consultation?
No. During the first visit, Bev provides ample tips, guidelines, and information to help you immediately begin the organizing process.
9. Do you accept credit cards?
Not at this time.
10. Do you work evenings and weekends and is there an extra fee charged for that special service?
Yes. Bev will work Saturdays and evenings to accommodate clients who work during the week. There is no extra fee for that special service.
11. Do you offer regular maintenance visits?
Since organizing is an ongoing process, Bev highly recommends regular "stay organized" visits. Many of her regular clients are on a maintenance program with regular follow-up visits to help them remain organized.
12. Do I need to be present at every organizing appointment?
That is up to you. Most of Bev's clients are comfortable not always being present during routine maintenance visits. They trust her professionalism and expertise. They chose to allow her to organize for them. Others chose to participate.
13. Will you pressure me to part with things I am not ready to eliminate?
Part of Bev Sullivan's job as a professional organizer is to assist you in eliminating clutter, but only at your comfort level. She provides a variety of choices and suggestions to help you to arrive at a workable solution.
14. Do you have a minimum number of hours you require per visit?
Bev requires a minimum of 3 hours per visit. However, there are times when her regular clients need a “touch-up” appointment and she will accommodate their special requests. Also, she takes into account special needs clients.
15. How soon after the organizing process begins can I expect to see results?
Clients see noticeable results after 2 hours of organizing.
16. What benefits can I expect to receive from using your professional organizing services?
Whether it is in your home or office, you will:
>> Save Money
>> Save Time and Energy
>> Decrease Stress
>> Gain More Control of Your Life
>> Increase Your Joy
>> Enhance Your Peace of Mind
>> Eliminate Chaos and Clutter
>> Accomplish Important Goals
>> Create Greater Work-Life Balance